How to Buy a Sports Bra
Give yourself and "the girls" the support you need to stay healthy and strong. A proper-fitting sports bra supports your body as it moves, holding your breasts in place and protecting sensitive skin, tissue and ligaments as you move, stretch, power up and cool down. The ideal sports bra should offer plenty of lightweight, flexible support and be constructed with breathable material that wicks away moisture and keeps you dry, no matter how hard you play the game.
Getting fitted with a proper sports bra for your size, stature and activities is the essential first step in any fitness and weight loss program. What constitutes the ideal sports bra? Diane and her team offer these features to help you begin your search:
- Wide shoulder straps that won't cut into your shoulders and will minimize bounce
- Ample armholes won't chafe shoulders, ribs or underarms
- Wide, covered elastic bands around your ribs, so your bra won't ride up, curl or rub
- Flat seams, soft materials and threads, and hidden tags to further protect from chafing
- Specialized performance fabrics and linings that wick sweat away from your skin
- Added compression or encapsulating support features designed for your breast size, body shape and the specific level of your activity.