After surgery care: finding your new confidence
If anyone deserves to feel great about herself, it’s you.
The relationship we have with our bodies is a complex one. Some days we feel fabulous. Others, not so much. Some days we love the person who looks back at us in the mirror. Others, not at all. At Diane’s Lingerie, we believe there is no reason you shouldn’t feel the best you can.
We have been providing post-surgery fittings at Diane’s Lingerie for over 25 years. Our fit experts have been trained to provide you with the most up-to-date products and compassionate care for your individual needs.
As you continue on your journey to healing and recovery, it is our most sincere hope that you take comfort in knowing we are with you every step of the way.
Owner – Diane’s Lingerie
We’re here to support you while you’re healing
Women who undergo surgery sometimes face unique physical and emotional challenges during their recovery and treatment. We are committed to helping women during this time by providing comfortable undergarments and delicate care.
Women who have had a mastectomy, lumpectomy or breast reconstruction need two things above all in their prosthetics and after-surgery garments: comfort and choice. We carry prosthetics (breast forms), bras, including those with pockets to hold the breast form in place, and leisure garments that provide maximum comfort, choice and convenience.
Similarly women who undergo a reduction or augmentation can find garments that will help them in their healing process. We are here to help support and give advice towards breast health post-surgery.
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT:
Call us: 604-738-5121
Our recovery care products
Our array of recovery care products are designed to make life easier both during your hospital stay and after, while you heal.
- Comfortable camisoles with drainage pouches that can be detached once the drains are removed
- Soft and comfortable leisure forms to wear as you recover
- A range of silicone breast forms that fit into your pocketed bra
- Symmetry shapers that provide a more symmetrical silhouette and fill in missing tissue (for lumpectomy surgeries)
Each surgery is different for everyone and every woman’s body is unique. Post-reconstruction healing requires gentle support and comfort while helping your implants to settle properly. Many require the benefits of a post-surgery compression bra. Always remember to ask your surgeon or doctor what they recommend for your post-surgical needs. Here are a few suggestions for when you shop for your first post-surgical bra.
- To avoid irritation around your scar it is best to opt for a seamless bra
- Find a comfortable bra that you can sleep in if necessary
- Always by at least 2, one to wear and one to wash
Before you re-do your entire bra collection, it is important to follow your surgeon or doctor’s timeline for investing in new lingerie.
- Wear a support bra for several days after surgery and let your breasts heal – all according to your surgeon or doctor’s requirements
- Try different styles that will fit your breasts and that shapes your breasts properly